STEAM STUDENT LEADERSHIP
EMPOWERING. YOUNG LEADERS. NOW. FOR THE FUTURE.
In the education system, reform initiatives focus on curriculum development, teacher professional learning, access to appropriate support material …
In this project, we want to empower our most valuable resource — our students.
FROM OUR RESEARCH
In our Ontario Ministry of Education sponsored research into makerspaces across the province, we have found that students are taking on leadership roles in their schools to assist their peers and students in other grades, as well as their teachers.
This has been one effective way to build capacity in the schools and has potential to impact the system as well.
Building on this success, the STEAM 3D Maker Lab at UOIT is launching an exciting new initiative called STEAM TEAMS.
We invite schools to enroll their STEAM student leaders in our program that invests in and empowers youth to be those leaders now and in the future.
STEAM TEAMS PROGRAM
- making, coding, robotics, 3D printing
- curriculum integration, technology-enhanced learning
- design thinking, creativity, maker mindset, growth mindset
- collaborating, communicating, listening, organizing, responsibility
- motivating, engaging, empathizing, coaching, supporting, empowering
- problem solving, critical thinking
- activity ideas
- lesson plans
- design challenges
- implementation strategies
- maker space designs
- team dynamics
May 2018, STEAM 3D Maker Lab at UOIT
For more information contact our Project Manager, Laura Morrison at firstname.lastname@example.org