The STEAM-3D Maker Lab offers a number of programs for students, educators, schools and families! To read more about our current programs, check out:
- During April 2022, the STEAM-3D Maker Lab hosted the first iteration of its Critical T(h)inkering: STEAM for Young Children conference. Click here to learn more!
- 🌟 Join us Monday August 29th – Wednesday August 31st for Posting with Purpose: Social Media and the Classroom, a series of professional learning workshops designed to support educators in navigating social media with their students. Click here to learn more and register!
- STEAM Teams: Do you have student leaders in your school that are excited about STEAM? Check out our new STEAM TEAMS initiative!
- Make Me! Participate in STEAM making challenges and utilize cross-curricular teaching resources. Watch the Make Me! Challenges page for the first challenge on civilizations.
- Class visits to the STEAM-3D Maker Lab: Want to engage your students in hands-on making activities? Bring them to the Lab! We can design a program that meets your students’ needs or fits into your desired curricular focus.
Related: Ontario Tech University’s Online Maker Modules and
Technology Certificate Courses
Whether you’re an educator, parent, student or maker at heart, OTU’s Online Maker Modules will help you explore Makerspace tools that will expand any maker’s knowledge of how to create and/or engage in rich learning opportunities. Participants will gain a deep understanding of various Maker tools and the pedagogy and best practices that go hand in hand with using these tools. If you’re interested in learning more (even if you’re not an educator) please see link to find out more information.
In addition to the Maker Modules, we are offering Technology Certificate Courses. These courses allow you to gain professional development in areas of Makerspaces, how to integrate technology into the classroom and how to enhance the writing process using technology tools. Take 1 course or take all 3 to broaden your understanding of Makerspace pedagogy and how it can be used in the classroom. Please see links below for more information on these certificate courses.
Tech Tool for the Writing Process – http://education.uoit.ca/professional-learning/certificate-programs-and-workshops/tech-tools-for-the-writing-process.php
Tech Tool of Educators – http://education.uoit.ca/professional-learning/certificate-programs-and-workshops/tech-tools-for-educators.php
The Digital Leader – http://education.uoit.ca/professional-learning/certificate-programs-and-workshops/the-digital-leader.php